Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Echo And The Bunnymen Record Score at the Rec Expo

Roy and I went to the Wildwood record expo to check it out. The nice part is, when you go to these its all handpicked. Every record you get is a choice piece rather than buying collections of craigslist and sorting through them all. I ended up buying almost as many for myself as roy did for the store.

Echo and the Bunnymen were the theme of the show for me. I landed 2 45's and a mint original pressing of Porcupine.





All and all the expo was pretty neat. The convention center is pretty big, so at first sight it looked like a bust. There were 4 main tables with a good amount of records to each collection. Alot were overpriced, but I managed to find some cool stuff. There was an indian guy there who was thoroughly convinced I loved rap records, and I suppose I do. From him I got some cool stuff too. The DeLa Single is in nice shape, Del is sorta beat up. The DMC was played out and had alot of miles on it, but it should because its one of the best rap lp's in the universe so Im sorta glad it did.




Also, got one of the earliest Anthrax singles ever made. And its from a guy who's wife worked for universal that Roy knows. And all the records he had were still in shrink and never played for the most part. Awesome. Also scored some Killing Joke and Ministry which makes me a very happy individual.



No comments: