Friday, August 7, 2009

Bill Murray, Slayer, And Penthouse Premier

Somehow my day consisted of all these things. First off, today was the historical day where I payed homage to my favorite actor. I now proudly carry a bill murray tattoo, a portrait of him and the groundhog with the alarm clock behind him. Its inspired by the scene in the movie where he commanders his brother's (the mayor) pickup truck and kidnaps phil.

Its a work in progress, and its real hard to get a good picture with my camera. So far we only have bill's head but its uncanny how real it looks. This is my first and most likely last portrait tattoo, but its the only one that anyone would need.

And what is the deep personal significance one might ask ? Well, who can't relate to being trapped in what feels like the same day over and over and can't break out their daily routine. And mostly, I just love bill murray. And this role is the closest to him playing himself at this time.



(by Brian Donovan of Davidian Tattoo in Hatboro PA )

While I was getting tattooed, My friend Vin called me and told me he has backstage passes to see SLAYER and hang out with the band due to his brother and him winning some outrageous contest.



After our session was complete, we had to get some new gear for Brian and Rich. The infamous Penthouse magazine is opening a Bar in Philadelphia, and a client invited them to the premier which was later on that night. They aren't the type to usually go for something of that nature, but couldn't resist. Who could blame them. So we all high tailed it outta there to get some new gear and the dudes looked most triumphant.


And so begins day one of my vacation...

No comments: