Monday, August 10, 2009

Day Three Vacation

Rich and his lady came down for an early morning bike ride in glorious ocean city. We hit the streets early in the am. First stop, express pizza. My bike sounded like a torture device, so I made a pit stop for a WD40 pen. Seemed like an excellent idea at the time. Only problemo, was I much have done such a gnar job that later on in the day my bike would thank me in its own unique way.

Got the pizza, which ruled. PS - it was definately the hottest day of the summer, and a daring choice of a day to ride but oh well. My brother ducked off to go to work. The three of us then rode a total of 13 miles or so from one end of the island to the next.



When we got to the end of the island, we took our bikes onto the jetty so know one would lift our sweet rides. It was a true display of young rebellion. It was worth it, took some gnarly pictures and pretended I knew about photography.







So after taking in the view of a beautiful day on the jetty and walking around shirtless, we got ready to head back. Earlier in the day, the death rattle my bike was screaming went away. I was very joyous of this. However, not even 3 blocks on the way back my left crankarm entirely broke off my bike. Yep. Rich tried to tie his belt from my bike to his and tow me, but it broke. I just rode back like a weirdo with only one leg and my other dangling off like a drunk dude. On the way back some strange dad dude wanted to make small talk about bikes and I did for a few blocks.




After all was said and done, made it back home and chilled out to the max for a minute or two before jumpercable recording. Hung out and jammed on some new riffage and I sat around looking like a cranky hot dude, not hot like a young val kilmer, hot like a steamy pile of turd. The dudes sounded gnarly as usual and it was cool to hang with them as usual. I went to wawa, right in time to see the beginning of a crazy storm on its way in.



No comments: